How to increase sperm count

Patient : Hi doctor My friend has been got married one and half year ago, he has less sperm count problem. He took many herbal medicines, but result is nothing even his sperm count has improve even one %. Please advise him what he should do now and suggest any medicines as well. Regards
Symptoms:  Sexual problems in men
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for contacting for an opinion. If your friend is suffering from decreased sperm coun t or oligo-spermia , then the first thing he must get it done is the semen culture and analysis to rule out any infection which is probably causing the sperm destruction. If found , then it can be suitably treated with antibiotics. Thereafter he may be started on TAB CARNITINE 500mg twice a day for 3 months , this treatment is accepted universally and have been used to increased the sperm counts in male infertility cases. Thirdly also important is to know the serum estrogen levels , they should be well within normal limit , else with physician' n prescription and after evaluation he may have to be started on low dose clomifene citrate tabs to reduce estrogen to allow testosterone to undertake spermatogenesis smoothly. Fourthly, he must have a increased water intake to 5-6 liters per day to help better circulation and production.Also to keep away from hot and warm places and to avoid tight fitting under clothings . It is suggested that the same may be discussed with your physician and tests can be undertaken and discussed in detail , which would allow you to take an informed decision. I hope i have answered your query in detail, wishing you good health, regards

Related Q&A

Q: I'm currently having difficulties being intimate with my wife. A few years ago I underwent some physical tests to see...

Q: Good afternoon I wanted I was sterilised information this month the 2/June 2015 and everything went well and I wanted...

Q: This is an embarrassing question to be asking, but what type of health questions should I be asking and things should...

Q: I have a small bump on the side of my penis. It does not hurt to touch and it is a little lighter than my skin. I jus...

Q: Yesterday i was intimate with my gf after going in side and after 1 minute my p was automatically lose erection my gf...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon