Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How to know if the breast cyst is safe or

How to know if the breast cyst is safe or

Patient: How to know if the breast cyst is safe or not? Im pregnant and my ob told m she will refer a doctor after i gave birth to check the cyst on my breast, thanks a lot.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood your concerns.It appears that you have a breast cyst and you are pregnant hence your OB told you to wait.you can still check the following points which are safe for you and the baby too.- Ultrasonography of the breast and aspiration and FNAC too to confirm the cause of the cyst and to rule out Cancer.- MRI is also very safe for both of you.- X-ray and CT are contraindicated hence not to be done till the baby is born.I hope this answers your query.