How to know if the breast cyst is safe or

Q: How to know if the breast cyst is safe or not? Im pregnant and my ob told m she will refer a doctor after i gave birth to check the cyst on my breast, thanks a lot.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your concerns.
It appears that you have a breast cyst and you are pregnant hence your OB told you to wait.
you can still check the following points which are safe for you and the baby too.
- Ultrasonography of the breast and aspiration and FNAC too to confirm the cause of the cyst and to rule out Cancer.
- MRI is also very safe for both of you.
- X-ray and CT are contraindicated hence not to be done till the baby is born.

I hope this answers your query.