How to maintain erection

Q: Hi Doctor, I am Sahil from India, I am 27 year old and recently married. I think I am suffering from ED, I have full erection at the time of foreplay but when it comes to real action I loose the strength. I think I don't have any psychological problem. Use of pills like Suhagra make me feel better. Can you Please suggest me the proper intervals between intercourse or should I do some exercises to attain strength. I am smoking from last ten years but it is also true that chain smokers do have children. Please suggest me the best thing.

A:   I am inclined to agree that you do have some degree of erectile dysfunction as evidenced by your inability to satisfactorily maintain an erection as well as your long standing history of smoking. Smoking is a major risk factor for erectile dysfunction. Further indication of erectile dysfunction is provided by the fact that Suhagra improves your symptoms. Treatment for erectile dysfunction is dependent on the cause. In your case, there is decreased blood flow to the penis due damage to the blood vessels from smoking. As such, part of the treatment will be cessation of smoking. Other therapy will involve the use of drugs such as Sildenafil (Viagra) and Vadenafil (Levitra). These medications are available by prescription only and thus you will need to see your physician to confirm the diagnosis and prescribe the medications. There are no exercises that will improve your symptoms.