How to prevent bladder infections

Patient: I would like to know How to prevent bladder infections? That is all I want to know.

Symptoms: Bladder infection

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Bladder infection are known as Urinary Tract Infection (UTI).Most common causes of UTI are:1.Diabetes2.Stones in renal tract3. Sexually transmitted.Best way out to prevent is to find out the cause behind them.So, a workup is required.I would advise you following:1.Ultrasound Abdomen with KUB.2. Hemogram3. Urine culture.4. X-ray KUB.5. KFT.If any stone is found, you would be treated based on size, site of the stone.If Urine infection is found you would be given antibiotics based on culture report.Your partner should also be treated if you are sexually active.This is my personal opinion for you based on available details.Stay Healthy.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts