How to reduce ESR

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor my wife has swellings in her legs. Four years before one Dr. said that she has high ESR. She has itching in her thighs. Is it because of the high ESR. Her weight is 68 kg, age is 39, height 159 cms And tell me what food she has to eat to reduce ESR.

Doctor

A:   ESR is usually an inflamatorty and autoimmune marker suggesting various conditions like SLE, Arthritis, skin issues etc. Depending on her symptoms she may need further testing in that area. There is no specific food that has been proved to improve the ESR levels. I hope this helps.