Patient : Hello Docter,
I'm 16, and i'm greatly need in help. I have this acne situation. Yet, it's been 4 - 5 years on having this problem. I've went to the docter more than two times to solve this acne problem. But none of the medications have worked. I heard accutane is a good medication that heals acne. I haven't tried it, but i'm willing to try it since the docter i have isn't helping that much to solve this problem. He gave me medications that were too strong for me to use, I forgot the name of the product but it didn't work what so ever. When i slide my finger across my cheek it feels oily, so i'm guessing that's what i have. So here are my questions. And 3 pictures.
1. Should I give accutane a try? Is it dangerous to use?
2. What should I buy to wash my face with?
3. Do I have to do the medication once a day or twice a day? (depending on what you recommend me to use)
4. Should I stay away from fast foods, as in taco bell , mc donalds, burgerking etc etc?
5. What do i have to do to make acne show up less?
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.