How to stop using Minitop Minoxidil Topical solution USP

Q: Hi,
I am a 24 yrs girl.I has very less hair on fore head and looks like bald
So I had started using Minitop(Minoxidil Topical solution USP 2%)which had worked wonders on me and I had notice my fore head covered with new hair.
I am using from last 4 months on suggestion of a dermatologist.But the problem is there is uneanted hair growth on my side locks which is very minimal,also I had read in internet that if we stop using the medicine we are going to lose all the hair again and also the original hair will be affected.I am really scared to take the next step.Could you please suggest me alternative and also the procedure to stop using the medicine with out any side affects.