Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How to tell when bursitis in the knee is healed?

How to tell when bursitis in the knee is healed?

Patient: How to tell when bursitis in the knee is healed? It has been about a week since I last felt a lot of pain in it. I just feel like if I get hit or fall on my knee again the cycle will start all over again.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. When you have no pain and swelling. Then it means bursitis must have healed. As far as investigations are concerned then it will be evident from MRI if no edema is there. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.