How to treat certain types of acne?

Patient

Q: How to treat impetigo on your skin? I have had acne since I was in high school and I put some out of the counter medicine from the pharmacy. I use a product called emergency Oxy cream. I need some advice, thanks.

Symptoms:  N/A
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The best approach to the treatment of severe acne is to consult a dermatologist who will assess the type of acne you have and prescribe you the appropriate topical and/or oral medications to treat this. Over the counter preparations may assist in treating your acne only partially, but not in its entirety. Please consult a dermatologist.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com