How to Treat Shingles Scabs

Q: I am recovering from shingles of the scalp. Most of the nerve pain is gone, but scabs remain. I've read that moisturizing scabs facilitates healing of the skin. If this is true, then would it be safe to apply Lubriderm (advanced therapy)?

Symptoms:  Some itching

If the shingles have already reached a stage of scabbing, then you are already midway in the course of the disease. But you must understand that this is the most infectious stage as well and scabs during shedding can also spread to others through fomites, bed sheets, clothes and contact. So if you intend to moisturize scab with lubriderm then it's safe in the sense that it will help decreases the dryness and itching involved and help in smooth shedding as well.You may choose to use it twice a day and ensure that you don't rub it in but just apply it as a layer, as the scab should never be forcefully removed due to friction, it should be allowed to shed naturally which promotes better healing.

I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you a speedy recovery,