How urgent do I need to treat numbness in my hands

Patient

Q: I have numbness in my part of my right hand(some of the palm plus the thumb) can I go to see my physician in the morning or do I need immediate medical attention? I'm not having trouble breathing/swallowing/moving(this include the parts that are numb) so I'm not sure how quickly I need to have this looked into.

Symptoms:  Numbness in my thumb and also part of my palm
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to have developed Acute nerve Compression of Cervical Disc.
The pain of cervical disc compression radiates to arm with associated tingling and numbness.
I would advise you to get a X-ray Cervical spine to rule out any disc prolapse.
For pain, I would advise following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain would start getting better in 5 days.
If any disc prolapse is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
Share my opinion with your Doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.