Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > How will my period last because have this contraceptives injection

How will my period last because have this contraceptives injection

Patient: How will my period last because have this contraceptives injection it’s been two week and 2day now the good thing is that it’s not heavy.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,If you have already taken an injectable contraceptive like depot Provera, then it is l ikely that you may experience intermenstrual bleeding with little to scanty flow for next 1-2 cycles before the progesterone levels stabilise and lead to amenorrhoea preventing ovulation and hence offering contraception completely.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you safe sexual practices,Regards