How will my period last because have this contraceptives injection

Patient : How will my period last because have this contraceptives injection it's been two week and 2day now the good thing is that it's not heavy.
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query, If you have already taken an injectable contraceptive like depot Provera, then it is l ikely that you may experience intermenstrual bleeding with little to scanty flow for next 1-2 cycles before the progesterone levels stabilise and lead to amenorrhoea preventing ovulation and hence offering contraception completely. I hope I have answered your query in detail, Wishing you safe sexual practices, Regards