HPV

Patient

Q: I have this constant fear of HPV. I feel like everyone around me has it and I feel like this could be anxiety. So besides sex..I have a a few questionable encounters...
1. If I try on jeans without underwear (gross I know) could I contract the virus if an infected persons tried them on as well?
2. If someone had a cold sore and I accidentally touched it with open skin on my hand and they are carriers of the HPV virus, could I contract it from them? Even though there was no sexual act with the person

I'm sorry for the complicated questions, but I am over thinking and am not getting any answers that reassure me. I have read that it could only be transmitted sexually on some sites and on others i've read that it could be spread casually. I am losing sleep and feel trapped in my mind.

Doctor