HPV and Herpes Screening in Men

Q: HPV and Herpes Screening in Men?

I would like to send my boyfriend for hpv screening who may or may not have the infection or warts present. My understanding from google scholar searches is that there is a thin prep – hpv dna,low/high risk (digene swab) test or that an emery board is used across the skin at multiple sites followed by a wet Dacron swab to collect cells. Can you tell me what test is best and which sites one would collect cells at (the penile shaft, the glans penis/coronal sulcus, and/or urethra) for most accurate results? I am aware that there is no standard recommended clinical hpv test for men so I am looking for the presently best available option rather than no screening at all.

I am also asking my boyfriend to get tested for herpes 1 and 2 and wanted to know which was more accurate between the 2 listed below with less chance for false positive or false negative? They are:

HerpeSelect IgG Antibodies Blood Test;

DNA PCR for HSV types I and II (Blood Test For Men)

Thank you very much.

Symptoms:  No symptoms. This is a screening question.