HPV for monogamous 19 year old female

Q: I am 19 and getting married to the only sexual partner I've had. He has had 4 other sexual partners in the past. I did not get the HPV vaccine and am wondering if it's worth getting it now, or if it's useless at this point.

Symptoms:  No symptoms

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

It is always advisable to opt for the HPV vaccine as it prevents from the most common of hpv infections like genital warts and cervical cancer in long term. There are two available namely the CERVARIX which is bivalent for strains 6,11 for genital warts and the other one GARDASIL, which is quadrivalent for starins 6,11, 18, 35 for both warts and cervical cancer.
It can be taken as soon as one gets sexually active starting from 13 years to 45 years. It can be taken by males as well.
I hope i have answered your query .
wishing you good health,