HSG Report

Patient : Hello Expert, Need help to understand the HSG test result as follows: Rt tube: Normal proximal and mid tube distal folds preserved fimbrial end shows mild globular dilataion no obvious peri-tubal disease tubal pressures not elevated free spill seen Lt tube: Normal proximal and mid tube Distal folds preserved. Fimbrial and dilated no obvious peri-tubal disease tubal pressures not elevated free spill seen Impression: Both Tubes are patent with free spillage. Category 2A Please help with your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance. Pratheesh K
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is a contrast x-ray diagnostic that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. This is done in order to determine any severe abnormalities within the uterus and fallopian tubes which can result in difficulty conceiving. According to the results you have provided, your HSG report is normal, with no obstruction or abnormalities. It needs to be further analyzed by the specialist in order to be conclusive. Please await the final analysis or contact your doctor for more clarification. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com