HSG Report

Patient

Q: Hello Expert, Need help to understand the HSG test result as follows:

Rt tube: Normal proximal and mid tube
distal folds preserved
fimbrial end shows mild globular dilataion
no obvious peri-tubal disease
tubal pressures not elevated
free spill seen

Lt tube: Normal proximal and mid tube
Distal folds preserved.
Fimbrial and dilated
no obvious peri-tubal disease
tubal pressures not elevated
free spill seen

Impression: Both Tubes are patent with free spillage.
Category 2A
Please help with your valuable inputs.
Thanks in advance.
Pratheesh K

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is a contrast x-ray diagnostic that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. This is done in order to determine any severe abnormalities within the uterus and fallopian tubes which can result in difficulty conceiving. According to the results you have provided, your HSG report is normal, with no obstruction or abnormalities. It needs to be further analyzed by the specialist in order to be conclusive. Please await the final analysis or contact your doctor for more clarification.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com