Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > HSG test resulting in swollen tubes

HSG test resulting in swollen tubes

Patient: Doctor,We are trying for pregnancy from last 2 years.Just few days back i have done my HSG test. That was done o my 6th day of cycle.The reports for the same says uterine cavity is well visualized. Adequate spillage of contrast into the peritoneal cavity noted bilaterally suggestive of patent fallopian tubes.After this doctor told me that my tubes are swollen and told to not to try atleast for 2.5 months.Can you please look into this and suggest me that is this fine.RegardsShikha

Symptoms: Nothing

Doctor: Thank you for your query.The fallopian tubes can become swollen either because of an infection or as an inflammatory r esponse to the HSG test; therefore it is advisable to wait for 2-3 months, till they subside as this may lead to an ectopic pregnancy. That is the reason the doctor asked to wait for a month or two.Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.