HSV1 genital ulcer - Chances of transmission?

Patient : My sexual partner has tested positive for HSV1 from a cold sore that broke out on her vagina. The doctor said that it could have been from me preforming oral sex on her and being a carrier of HSV1 since I get oral cold sores. Since we both have the same strain of virus does that mean that she cant give it to me in the genital area and i cant give it to her in the oral area?
Doctor :   Whether or not you can get infected from herpes depends on your body's immunity. There is no cure for herpes, yet the im mune system has the potential to suppress the symptoms of the infection. It is because of differences in immunity that cause certain people have outbreaks of cold sores and genital herpes while others may not. It is because of the uncertain nature of the body's defence mechanism that makes us unsure whether one is prone for HSV infection or not.