Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Husband addicted to breastmilk

Husband addicted to breastmilk

Patient: A bit shy to ask this.But still putting the question here. I am living with my husband and kid. My kid is 16 months old.Now the problem is regarding my husband who is fond of breastmilk and is breastfeeding for the past one year from me. I thought at some stage it will stop.but it doesn’t look like it and he seems addicted to it. The good thing is that the child is not affected, since there is milk in plenty till now. I am in a way O. With it but, I also get this feelin. That this has to be stopped.out of doubt I checked with few of my close Friends but most of them responding like…,”Umm…some does it,but for such long time…”is it a fetish thing…we own a good relation and I don’t want to hurt him…what is the solution

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Well, I understand your predicament here, but it is indeed a fetish which your husband is following here. Though there is nothing injurious or harmful for him or you in this case but this fetish can have a psychological effect on your mind regarding your husband which is what it seems to have. You can try to convince him with talks that you are finding it uncomfortable and it’s high time that you should be weaning your child off breast milk. This is an issue which needs to be talked with a psychologist and such fetishes can take time to settle.Regards