Husband lost interest in sex: can sleeping pills cause this?

Patient

Q: Hi. I am wondering if you could please answer my question about my husband has no interest in sex, We have been married for 20 years and was never an issue before but now that he"s been taking two different types of sleeping pills I have seen a change in him when it comes to sex he doesn"t want anything to do with it. Can you please help me with this issue. Thank You and hope to hear from you soon with the answer.

Doctor

A:   A side effect of sleeping pills is low sexual drive or low interest in sex. This could be the reason why your husband has been less interested in sex lately. Ask his doctor if the sleeping pills (there are many) he is having can cause this. I hope this helps.