Husband tested positive for Hepatitis B I tested negative He

Patient: Husband tested positive for Hepatitis B. I tested negative. He is retired. Worked as Locksmith. How could he have gotten this? He has a fatty liver

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Hepatitis B is transmitte d by parenteral route. Following are the ways of its transmission:1. Exposure to blood and blood products.2. Sexual contact with an infected person.3. Use of contaminated needles.4. From an infected mother to baby.From wherever he got the infection, that is not important now, important is the treatment.He needs to get following investigations:1. Hepatitis B profile (HBsAg, Anti HBc Antibody, Anti- HBe Antibody)2. HBV DNA – Quantitative3. Upper GI Endoscopy4. Liver Function Test.Fatty liver is also due to hepatitis B. The treatment would be based on the results obtained.Being his wife, if you are negative for Hepatitis B, you should get vaccinated.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy