Husband was sent home with a catheter after surgery there

Q: Husband was sent home with a catheter after surgery there is blood in his urine should I be concerned or is it normal

A:   Hi.

Read the history that your husband was sent home on a catheter after surgery and there is blood in it.
You have not mentioned which surgery and this makes all the difference.
If the catheter is sent after surgery on any other part, no blood should be present.
If the surgery is performed on the urinary system the amount of the blood should be progressively reducing.
If the quantity is more or remains same, you should report back to the hospital and get the reasons and proper treatment.

Hope this helps you.