Hy, doctor I am a medical student I recently seen

Patient

Q: Hy, doctor I am a medical student I recently seen a case in my village of anxiety, palpitation , mood swings and his normal blood pressure is 125/85 at present he is 17 yr old , I guess secondary hypertension and what is your view??

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

We are here to help you.

The blood pressure of the person is almost normal and I do not think that he has hypertension. Secondary Hypertension is one which is caused by a disease. Anxiety is not one of the diseases that can cause this.

I recommend that you get the patient to a Doctor and get him checked for Blood Pressure 3 times a day in lying down and sitting position.