x
Browse
162 Physicians Online

Question:

Hydrocodone Half life

How long dose hydrocodone stay in your system?

Answer:

Hydrocodone is a potent analgesic (pain killer), that belongs to the opiate group of drugs, it is highly addictive, and the withdrawal symptoms are severe, such as fever, chills, insomnia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and muscle pain. In some cases, when use of the drug is stopped too abruptly, long-term users can even suffer convulsions.
A Psychological dependency is also known to occur after long-term use of hydrocodone.
Attempts to stop using of the drug or lowering regular doses can cause intense cravings.Specifically the Hydrocodone IBU 750 is the combination of hydrocodone and Ibuprofen. Long-term side effects associated with this medication are typically in the gastrointestinal tract: ulcers, gastritis, internal bleeding and kidney problems can result from long-term HydrocodoneIBU750 (“Vicoprofen”) use.
The half life of Hydrocodone, what you called “how long does it last in your system” is approximately:  3.8 hours, which means that after almost 4 hours half of whatever you took is out of your system.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA