Hymen remnant? Lumps!


Q: Hi. This is very much an Ob. question! Im 17. I'm worried about the anatomy of my vagina. I have all the 'normal' things, but there is a section above and moving in to the actual vaginal opening of free skin, or small lumpy skin. I know what a hymen is and looks like, I don't think this is it. It's really strange, and partially blocks the opening, which is making sex really painful for me. I did think that it could be the remains of my hymen, that has been torn weirdly? I'm not sure. The opposite side if the opening has none of this unusual tissue. Any help would be really appreciated as this 'lump' of random tissue/skin is really interfering with relationships.
Thank you!

Symptoms:  Painful intercourse, physical bumps

A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...

Q: I have had clear discharge from my penis for about two months it started 3 days after i had oral/anal sex. Since 3 we...

Q: Any chance of getting a std from a handjob from a massage place? I got one 2 weeks ago, and for some time I feel a li...

Q: Tarted a new pill pack on October 4th (I think I started a few hours late, but less than 24 hours). Had sex on 9th ni...

Q: My husband and I havent had sex in the past 8 months. I'm 30 years old and my husband is 30 as well. Everytime we try...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon