Patient :My age is 45 female , my tsh level is 8.8 i have pain in my left leg radiate from back to knee and dificulty in movement i have also hypertension and peptic ulcer diseas kindly recomend me its treatment and precautions
Symptoms: Pain radiate from back to the left knee ,headache, upper abdomen pain
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is L5-S1 Radiculopathy.
I would advise you to get following:
1. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels
2. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.
For pain, I advise following:
1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in the long term.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.
For Hypertension, you should take your regular medicines.
For acid peptic disease, you should get an Upper GI Endoscopy done and get evaluated. Painkillers should be taken with care.
I hope it helps.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.