Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hypertension upper abdomen pain

Hypertension upper abdomen pain

Patient: My age is 45 female , my tsh level is 8.8 i have pain in my left leg radiate from back to knee and dificulty in movement i have also hypertension and peptic ulcer diseas kindly recomend me its treatment and precautions

Symptoms: Pain radiate from back to the left knee ,headache, upper abdomen pain

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression that is L5- S1 Radiculopathy.I would advise you to get following:1. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels2. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For pain, I advise following:1. A combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.5. SSRI like Duloxetine helps in the long term.But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.For Hypertension, you should take your regular medicines.For acid peptic disease, you should get an Upper GI Endoscopy done and get evaluated. Painkillers should be taken with care.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy