Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hypertensive experiencing Headaches after Workouts.

Hypertensive experiencing Headaches after Workouts.

Patient: Yesterday, I attended a zumba class I felt really well. However, almost 30 mins to an hour I started noticing a slight headache coming on and as time went by it began to get wros and wrost. This is not the first time thishas happen, it happens every time I do any tjpey of exercise. I am also on a blood pressure pill

Doctor: In my opinion it seems that you are experiencing an exercise headache. Though most of the time these headaches are benig n and go off on its own. In your case the underlying hypertension may be a factor causing the headache. I would suggest that you consult your doctor for appropriate investigations to look for any serious underlying cause of  the headaches.