Hypochondriac worries

Patient : "I cut myself today.. Not deep and it barely bled. Just on The surface. With a knife that was dirty, but only I have used. Do I have any risk of getting aids or tetanus or any other infections? I also rubbed antibiotic cream on them."
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. A minor skin laceration such as this will likely heal without complication. If the knife wa s not to exposed to blood of a person infected with HIV, it is completely unlikely that you could have contracted HIV in this manner. Furthermore, if the knife was not rusty in any way or not exposed to dirt/soil then it is unlikely to have contracted tetanus. Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your medical concern.