Hypochromatic Microcytic Anemia

Patient : How does hypochromatic microcytic anemia cause splenic atrophy?
Symptoms:  Severe weight loss, pink palpebral conjuctiva
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. Hypochromic microcytic anemia can occur in sideroblastic anemia. This is where the RBC a re of round and abnormal shape. The abnormal shape will cause the cells to be attacked at the spleen. When the spleen is attacked, it gets damaged as well. And thus, you have the atrophy of the spleen. I cannot explain exactly how this happens in complete detail as it is a long process and a complex one. You can read further and in detail if you like to understand it more. Hope this helps you.