Hypoglycemia

Patient

Q: I think of myself in shorthand as hypoglycemic because if I don't eat frequent meals with protein and carbs I get ill I'm coming off bed rest and swamped, I'm allergic to nuts final background, I get outrageous cravings to binge on sugar, other times lack of sugar protein balance makes me I'll Anyway, does a meal replacement like Ensure have a place in my diet or will the sugar make me feel sick?

Symptoms:  Stomach, hunger, shaky
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Even though you may be experiencing symptoms you associated with Hypoglycemia it may not actually be that your blood sugar is low. In order to determine you are hypoglycemia or suffering from diabetes, you will need to be conduct a blood test in which your blood sugar is measured. We recommend that you consult your doctor to have theses tests performed before engaging in any type medical treatment. Meal replacement drinks like Ensure can be quite high in sugar content, and if such drinks are making your symptoms worse, it would be best to avoid them.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com