Hypothyroidism and getting pregnant

Patient

Q: My fiance and i have been trying to have a baby for almost a year. Recently I found out I have hypothyroidism my levels are 6.8. They wont give me any medication because nothing is showing up with my antibodies. I really want to get pregnant but my thyroid is keeping me from it. Is there anything else I can do to get pregnant without the pills?

Symptoms:  Hypothyroidism
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
There is certainly a link between hypothyroidism and infertility. Hypothyroidism can lead to anovulation i.e. interferes with the release of egg from the ovary. When a woman who is planning to conceive and has hypothyroidism she should see the doctor to make sure hypothyroidism is under control, preferably TSH levels should be maintained around 3-3.5 mid line to boost fertility. Not only for conception, normal levels of thyroid hormones are also important all throughout pregnancy as well. Throughout the pregnancy close monitoring of thyroid level is essential to promote normal fetal development and reduce the risk of miscarriage.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.