Hypothyroidism, PCOS, Birth Control, and Long Menstrual Cycle.

Patient

Q: I have not had a normal period in probably 5 or more years. I have hypothyroidism and I take levothyroxine. I recently got diagnosed with PCOS and I now take metformin. I started taking birth control about 3 weeks ago and after taking it for only a week I started my period. today is the 9th day that I have been on it. For the past 5 days of my period I have had a lot of blood clots, a whole lot. I would like to know if this is normal.

Symptoms:  Some cramping but not major
Doctor