Hysterectomy and Sex

Patient : I am having a hysterectomy due to unmanageable bleeding. I have had HPV for a year. It shows up positive on pap smears but nothing else unusual through a culposcopy. My doctor recommends removing the cervix but I want to know if it will be painful to have intercourse since the vagina will be sewn together.
Doctor :   You should have your cervix removed as you are at an increased risk of developing cervical cancer due to your HPV infect ion even though your colposcopies have been negative thus far. Removal of the cervix does not make intercourse painful nor does it affect secual pleasure