Hysterectomy at 28?

Q: Hi I was just wondering what is the likelihood of getting a hysterectomy at 28 years old I'm constantly flooding and have severe pains due to this my doctor has referred me to a specialist but I really want this procedure done I've got 3 children and can't leave the house while I'm like this

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Excessive bleeding is one of the indications for getting your uterus removed. When you decide to get the uterus removed, you will have to talk to a Doctor and get counselled first. Then, the Doctor will give you time to decide if you are completely sure. This can be up to a month.

When you are absolutely sure, then the Doctor will remove the uterus. Also, note that you can never become pregnant once the uterus is removed.

Wishing you the best.