I accidentally took 1 NyQuil this morning before work Is

Q: I accidentally took 1 NyQuil this morning before work. Is it safe to take 1 DayQuil now? It has been about 2 hrs.

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.
I have read your query. I understand your concern.

Dayquil ans Nyquil are OTC anti-Allergics used for common cold but since you have taken Nyquil 2 hours back so it's better to give a gap of at least 6-8hours before you take the next dose. Ideally the gap should be of 12 hours between the two doses.
But in case of severe nasal congestion, it can be taken 8 hourly.

The reason for this is that high doses of anti-Allergics can cause excessive sedation, drowsiness which might hamper your work and pose a threat to safe driving. I would advise you to take steam inhalations. Drink hot fluid for symptomatic relief.
In case your symptoms persist after 6hours, you may take a dose of Dayquil.

I hope it helps.
If you have any further query, you may ask me.
Stay healthy.