Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I accidentily shot a nail in my middle finger about

I accidentily shot a nail in my middle finger about

Patient: I accidentily shot a nail in my middle finger about 20 years ago. Pulled it out & forgot about it. All a sudden now its starting to hurt. Sometimes feels numb. Of course i didnt get a tetnus shot. What have i done?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.It is not heard of that a shot-nail in the middle finger about 20 years ago can cause so late problems like feeling numb or so.you have to consult an Orthopedic Surgeon for diagnosis of the numbness which can be a nerve entrapment syndrome or so.This may be due to carpal tunnel syndrome or so.Hope this helps you.