I always have this painful pain in my upper abdomen

Q: I always have this painful pain in my upper abdomen and its always on the first or second day of my menstrual period. is the menstrual period and this weird upper abdomen pain connected in anyway?

Symptoms:  Pain

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We understand your concern.

This kind of pain is mostly due to acid reflux that gets aggravated during the periods. The classical pain of periods is in lower abdomen and is mostly due to cramping.
In acid reflux disease a combination of Omeprazole and Domperidone helps greatly. So, you may consider taking it during the periods. Also, during that time you should take soft, bland diet as spicy food aggravates acidity. In case of acute pain you can take anti flatulent syrup like Digene or Gelusil.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy