August 16, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 14 and I run distance, I’ve been getting

I am 14 and I run distance, I’ve been getting

Patient: I am 14 and I run distance, I’ve been getting aches in my left knee from the front left around the back. I’ve been running for around a month now and this started a week ago. It only aches when I’m not running, usually when I’m laying down to sleep. Something similar happened last year where both knees hurt horribly for weeks on end. Is it safe to continue running? What could be causing this?

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may b e having runner’s knee or tendinitis of patellar tendon. Its treatment is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. It is advisable to stop running. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.