I am 14 years old and i have caught for

Patient: I am 14 years old and i have caught for several softball teams for the past 7-8 years or so. My knees hurt all of the time. I recently had plica surgery which relieved some pain out of one of my knees but i still feel a lot of pain in both of my knees after games or practices. It is hard for me to get up after squating. I feel old and often let my team down when i can’t get up fast enough. When i lay down and hold my knee up and bend/straighten it out i can hear and feel a pop almost every time. I feel pain all around my knee especially towards the bottom. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with my knees? I love catching but i have found myself wanting to play other positions latley because i dont want to deal with the pain and discomfort.

Symptoms: Popping, pain, difficulty going up and down stairs, hurts when squatting, hard to get up from squatting

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may b e having meniscus injury, medial or lateral meniscus. It can be confirmed by MRI of knee joints. It may need arthroscopic surgery and meniscectomy. You can also determine vitamin D deficiency and take vitamin D3 as supplements. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.