I am 14 years old and i have caught for

Patient

Q: I am 14 years old and i have caught for several softball teams for the past 7-8 years or so. My knees hurt all of the time. I recently had plica surgery which relieved some pain out of one of my knees but i still feel a lot of pain in both of my knees after games or practices. It is hard for me to get up after squating. I feel old and often let my team down when i can't get up fast enough. When i lay down and hold my knee up and bend/straighten it out i can hear and feel a pop almost every time. I feel pain all around my knee especially towards the bottom. Do you have any idea what could be wrong with my knees? I love catching but i have found myself wanting to play other positions latley because i dont want to deal with the pain and discomfort.

Symptoms:  Popping, pain, difficulty going up and down stairs, hurts when squatting, hard to get up from squatting
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You may be having meniscus injury, medial or lateral meniscus. It can be confirmed by MRI of knee joints. It may need arthroscopic surgery and meniscectomy. You can also determine vitamin D deficiency and take vitamin D3 as supplements. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.