Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 14 years old and I have pimples on my face

I am 14 years old and I have pimples on my face

Patient: Hi Doctor, I am 14 years old and I have pimples on my face and their marks too, can you suggest me a way to get rid of this problem? what type of product should I use ? can I get rid of them in one month?

Doctor: Pimples or medically termed acne is infection of sebaceous glands. It is seen due to improper hygiene or hormonal effect making more prone to infections. Regular face wash, preferably with cold waer and mild soap along with good hygiene reduces risk of acne. Medications are required if acne is causing too many scars on face, but the drugs must be prescribed under supervision of dermatologist, as most of the drugs are not good for health and must be cautiously used as the drug can have side effects. Consult a dermatologist for proper prescription and followup with medications.

Patient: Thank You ..