I am 14 years old and my period comes 1

Patient

Q: I am 14 years old and my period comes 1 time every lile four months. I have acne, and my parents did drugs when I was born. Could it chang? Is there a way I can help it be regular? Is it bad if its irregular?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes.
At your age group gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal abnormalities, general conditions like anemia are more common causes.
If till now you didn't have complications due to pre-birth maternal drug intake, this irregularity may not be due to that.
Gonadal hormonal imbalance can cause acne also.
Usually, these abnormalities can get corrected spontaneously with increasing age.
If they persist, you can take the support of combined hormonal pills to correct both the conditions with your doctor's advice.

Take care.