I am 15 on birth control (Tri-Previfem) and I had

Patient: I am 15 on birth control (Tri-Previfem) and I had unprotected sex, after I took plan b just in case. after I had bloody discharge for a week got my period and then I thought I was okay. I had sex with my significant other and bled And now I do every time I masturbate or have sex. what should I do? stop taking birth control? this has been happening for about 2 months now

Symptoms: Blood during sex

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Intermenstrual or postcoital spotting can be seen due to ca uses like during ovulation or in other days due to hormonal imbalance, side effects of the hormonal contraceptive methods, pelvic inflammatory disease presenting with cervical erosion, cervical polyp, post coital bleeding, in case of pregnancy implantation bleeding etc.If the spotting persists or repeats better to consult your doctor once and get examined.By examination causes like post-coital tear, cervical erosion can be ruled out. If your doctor recommends go for ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile etc. Ultrasound will help in ruling out the possibility of pregnancy and also any endometrial abnormality. Hormonal profile helps in finding out hormonal imbalance.Then with your doctor’s advice you can take treatment according to the cause of your problem.Take care