I am 16 and my boyfriend is 17. When we switch position he will go soft. Is it ED?

Patient: I am 16 and my boyfriend is 17. We can go for a few minutes during sex, but when we switch positions, he gets a little soft, and it sometimes takes a bit of time to get him hard again. What is happening? Is it erectile dysfunction?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to ATD.Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. A medical evalua tion is required for the diagnosis. For your information, erectile dysfunction (sometimes called impotence) is the inability to get and keep an erection firm enough for sex. For many men, a physical exam and answering questions (medical history) are all that’s needed for a doctor to diagnose erectile dysfunction and recommend a treatment. If your partner has chronic health conditions or his doctor suspects that an underlying condition might be involved, he might need further tests or a consultation with a specialist.His GP may ask him about:-The exact symptoms-His overall physical and mental health-His alcohol consumption, if any-Whether he takes drugs-Whether he is currently taking any medicationIf he does not want to talk to his GP about erectile dysfunction, he can visit a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic.I hope this helps you.All the best.