I am 16 years old and had sex for the first time

Q: I am 16 years old and had sex for the first time and bled. I wasn't concerned because of the health class I had to take saying that when the hymen breaks there is some bleeding. The second time I had sex I bled again but it was worse. I read online that it could be the hymen ripping the rest of the way. My partner fingered me and when i went to go to the bathroom I noticed blood. Now I'm concerned and don't know what to do or what the problem is

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Yes, sometimes the hymen is not torn completely during the first-time intercourse and it is torn subsequently when you try intercourse again.
So bleeding is normal in some women the first 2-3 times.
But if it still persists, you need to get a gynaecology appointment and get it checked out. Without physically examining it is difficult to predict the exact cause of bleeding. However, there is no need to be worried now. Only if it persists after the 3rd or 4th intercourse, you should see your Gynaecologist.

Hope this was helpful.