I am 16 years old I am 5'2 I weigh 180

Patient

Q: I am 16 years old
I am 5'2
I weigh 180 pounds
Is it safe to take Garcinia Cambogia at my age?

Doctor

Thank you for your question.

We do not recommend that you take this supplement. Garcinia cambogia is a popular natural supplement that is believed to assist in weight loss. The efficacy of this product has not been conclusively proven and its safety may vary from brand to brand. At your age, a structured diet and exercise regime is perhaps the safest and most effective way of reducing your weight and achieving lasting results. Please consult your physician if you choose to go ahead and use this supplement. AskTheDoctor.com does not endorse any product that is not tested and/or approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) of the United States.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your medical question.