I am 17, female, on lo loestrin fe for irregular,

Q: I am 17, female, on lo loestrin fe for irregular, heavy, and bad cramps during menstrual cycle. I now have two periods a month, one heavy and regular, other very light and brown. I had intercourse last Sunday 4/26. No condom, just birth control and pull out. I started cramping very badly the following two days. On the 29th I started my second period of the month, with brown discharge and enough to have to wear a pad along with very sore breasts and enlarged nipples with dots around the nipple. Also very nauseous. On the third day of my cycle my period became a more red color with a grainy, sandy texture. I am currently still having a very light period. It doesn't start until around 10 am. It is enough to have to wear a liner but not enough to fill a large tampon which is usually what I use. I do not know if I could pregnant. I have tender, sore breasts on the sides and top and nipples, nipples lightening in color displaying some veins underneath, lighter period, and slight lower back pain. Could I be pregnant?

Symptoms:  Lower back pain, sore breasts, light grainy period

A:   Hi,

Intermenstrual spotting, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps etc symptoms can be seen as side effects of birth control pills.
Missing the pills or altering the time of intake of pills can lead to menstrual irregularities.
If you missed any pill, there is possibility of pregnancy.
In that case, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.
If test gives negative result, consult your doctor and take antifibrinolytic drugs or additional dose of hormones to control the Intermenstrual bleeding. And get evaluated to find out the possible causes of pain abdomen like pelvic inflammatory disease.

Take care