I am 17 Male I have a tight foreskin

Patient: I am 17. Male. I have a tight foreskin. I am not able to see my glans at all!! Is this going to cause any prob in sex? And how do I know whether I really have a tight foreskin..there is like a lump of skin at the end of penis and a very fine opening..not able to see my glans..so what should I do and will it cause any prob in sex?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concernYou seem to be suffering from phimosi s, a condition, where the foreskin is very tight, limiting any kind of retraction. In some cases, repeated infections and smegma can also lead to a similar situation.A good option is to get yourself circumcised. Circumcision is a fairly common procedure with great health effects. It reduces chances of acquiring infections, as well as reduces chances of penile carcinoma in the future. Sex life can be hampered because of phimosis, where there will be pain while intercourse happens.So get yourself evaluated by your Surgeon and get it done.Hope this was helpful.Regards