I am 17 Male I have a tight foreskin

Patient : I am 17. Male. I have a tight foreskin. I am not able to see my glans at all!! Is this going to cause any prob in sex? And how do I know whether I really have a tight foreskin..there is like a lump of skin at the end of penis and a very fine opening..not able to see my glans..so what should I do and will it cause any prob in sex?
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern You seem to be suffering from phimosi s, a condition, where the foreskin is very tight, limiting any kind of retraction. In some cases, repeated infections and smegma can also lead to a similar situation. A good option is to get yourself circumcised. Circumcision is a fairly common procedure with great health effects. It reduces chances of acquiring infections, as well as reduces chances of penile carcinoma in the future. Sex life can be hampered because of phimosis, where there will be pain while intercourse happens. So get yourself evaluated by your Surgeon and get it done. Hope this was helpful. Regards

Related Q&A

Q: The end of the shaft of my penis is wrinkled when flaccid and when I get an erection it takes several minutes to expa...

Q: Hi I recently had quite vigorous sex with my partner. I noticed afterwards a small tear under my foreskin on the shaf...

Q: I had a small amount of blood in some discharge yesterday evening and I had intercourse with my boyfriend this evenin...

Q: Hey, so me and my girlfriend were about to have sex and and 45 minutes before I had a erections like 6 in row within ...

Q: I am 34 weeks pregnant and have grade 4 placenta previa, I have already had one heavy bleed and a hospital stay, I am...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon