I am 17 years old and have sustained a type

Patient: I am 17 years old and have sustained a type 2-3 ac joint separation from weightlifting. My question was regarding my desire to get surgery for this injury in order to regain both the aesthetic appearance and strength/stability i once had in my shoulder. My clavicle seems to have shifted slightly up and back in toward my acromion and causes me pain from time to time. I strongly desire to get surgery for this issue because i am a natural bodybuilding competitor and the deformity would only be detrimental to my competition performance. My question specifically was; how may i go about requesting surgery for my injury? specifically reconstructive surgery using the tethering method. I live in ontario canada and am covered by my parent’s health insurance.

Symptoms: Pain/ discomfort in ac joint area. Incapable of returning to weight training (1.5 months so far).

Doctor: