I am 17 years old and have sustained a type

Patient : I am 17 years old and have sustained a type 2-3 ac joint separation from weightlifting. My question was regarding my desire to get surgery for this injury in order to regain both the aesthetic appearance and strength/stability i once had in my shoulder. My clavicle seems to have shifted slightly up and back in toward my acromion and causes me pain from time to time. I strongly desire to get surgery for this issue because i am a natural bodybuilding competitor and the deformity would only be detrimental to my competition performance. My question specifically was; how may i go about requesting surgery for my injury? specifically reconstructive surgery using the tethering method. I live in ontario canada and am covered by my parent's health insurance.
Symptoms:  Pain/ discomfort in ac joint area. Incapable of returning to weight training (1.5 months so far).
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I have seen two general practitioners asking them about ED which I have noticed since about 8 months ago.38 yr old ma...

Q: I’m a 57 y/o reasonable fit female who has Bradyarrhythmia (heartbeat less than 40bpm. Should I be exercising?

Q: I am worried I have symptoms of pancreatic cancer. I had an episode of severe upper abdominal pain last year unde...

Q: I have fingertips tingling and numbness. Also when moving my head down from neck I feel some kind of a shock going al...

Q: As part of a workup for moderate hypertension, presently well-controlled by drugs (see below) my bloodwork (which is ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon