October 19, 2018

I am 17 years old and trying to get pregnant.

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I am 17 years old and trying to get pregnant.

Patient: I am 17 years old and have been trying to get pregnant. Me and my partner have had intercourse for a while but all of February we did not miss a day and we haven’t missed a day this month. I have been having some extremely bad stomach pains. Just about 4 nights ago I ended up waking up 2 different times due to stomach pains and I felt very sick like I needed to throw up , but I never did. Yesterday all day I had a really bad headache not to mention stomach pains are still continuous . But then late last night and early this morning I thought I would had to use the rest room #2 and it seemed to only be gas. Every time I start to get sick my stomach tightens up. I am working on about 7 days of being sick and it’s getting alot. I have also noticed I am very emotional.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The cause for your stomach ache could pe gastritis, intestinal infection, premenstrual symptoms or even an ectopic pregnancy. Since you have a history of intercourse and trying to conceive, suggest you to do a beta hCG test to rule out ectopic pregnancy, your Doctor will have to examine you to rule out other causes of pain abdomen. In case no cause is found and negative for pregnancy, antispasmodic medications will be given and considered as a premenstrual symptom, and you can await your cycles. Drink plenty of water and avoid constipation.Hope this helped.Regards

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No