I am 18 and I pee a lot

Patient

Q: I've been feeling weird and I'm only 18, but I had sex at 17 and I feel tired I use the bathroom a lot I feel constipated I crave applesauce and beef jerky all the time every day and now I go to bed early I get up in the middle of the night constantly eating I got my period 2,weeks after and I get mad I feel hot when I sleep I get up in the middle of the night uaimg the bathroom after I come from the bathroom I have to use it again. What do I do?

Doctor

A:   Hello.

If you have had your menses 2 weeks back and you have had sex 1 year back and not again then there are no chances of pregnancy , instead what you are experiencing is probably premenstrual syndrome or PMS symptoms due to early progesterone withdrawal or lower levels of progesterone in the mid-cycle luteal phase.
This may mimic early pregnancy symptoms but in the absence of pregnancy and shall subside with the onset of menses again. You may increase your water intake and take antispasmodics and pain killers if cramps are troublesome.
Also, frequent urination during the day may indicate a possible urinary tract infection, which needs to be ruled out with the help of a urine culture.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.